For this retreat, we'll spend most of our time in Langley.
Students will have sleep-overs in host homes with their small group and leaders.
Saturday will include a day trip to Whistler village.
Registration is now closed! Contact Ellen at [email protected] if there are any last minute spots.
Session Theme: Your Story
We'll be looking at how God is a part of our story, and how our story is actually God's story. We'll work on our testimonies and explore our faith stories. This will be especially helpful for students getting baptized on Feb 24.
Schedule (*subject to change)
- 5:30-7pm // Leader meeting & dinner (student's aren't invited until 7pm)
- 7-7:30pm // Sign in @ NLCC Walnut Grove
- 7:30-9pm // Session #1 @ NLCC Walnut Grove
- 9-bedtime // Small Group free time
- 8-9:30am // Breakfast & getting pretty
- 10-10:30am // Make pack lunches @ NLCC Walnut Grove
- 10:30-1pm // Travel by bus to Whistler village
- 1-6:00pm // Free time in Whistler village
- (no lift tickets please, but info regarding tubing or cross country skiing is below)
- 6-6:30pm // Pizza dinner
- 6:30-8:30pm // Session #2 in Whistler (Myrtle Philip Community Centre: Millar room)
- 8:30-11pm // Travel by bus back to NLCC Walnut Grove
- 11:00pm // Return to host houses
- 8:30-10am // Wake up, & get really good looking
- 10-11:00am // HSY group breakfast in the Youth Room
- 11-12:30 // HSY Sunday Gathering Session #3 at NLCC Walnut Grove
- 12:30pm // Go home, scroll the gram
- Sleeping Bag, Mat & Pillow (you're likely sleeping on a floor)
- Clothes for 2 days
- Clothes and shoes/boots for being outside in Whistler village - check a weather app
- $$ All meals are provided, but many students may want to buy snacks, coffees or meals in Whistler, or when with their group
- Shower Towel
- Deodorant (technically a toiletry, but didn’t want you to miss it)
- Bible and pen.
- Snacks (we provide all meals and an evening snack. However, you are welcome to bring more)
- Water Bottle
Optional Whistler Village Activities
- Most of our group will just be hanging out in Whistler Village and making insane amounts of social media posts. There are also a couple of optional activities.
- Cross Country Skiing - Ben D will be taking students on a cross-country skiing adventure around lost lake. He's taking a group out after 3 pm for the discounted rate. No pre-booking is required, but please text Ben so he has an idea about numbers (604-617-7322). Bring appropriate outdoor attire. Rental equipment and trail pass pricing information can be found here.
- Snow Tubing - We'll be super close to the Whistler snow tube park. Students will have the option to go tubing in groups. Pricing info and details about the park can be found here. No pre-booking is required but bring appropriate outdoor attire. Pricing and tube park information can be found here.
- There is also an option to go skating at the outdoor skating rink. It's free admission and the skate rental is $6. The times for the rink is from 11 am to 1:30 pm and 2:30 pm to 5 pm.